We are now hiring for two part-time positions.
Posting Date: 6/7/2022
The United Methodist Church of Geneva is searching for a part-time Financial Secretary to support the funding and operational ministry of UMCG by facilitating accounts receivable and payable, supporting membership care including compliance with charitable giving documentation requirements, bookkeeping, providing accurate reports and records, and implementing the finance procedures of UMCG.
Candidates must have accounting and bookkeeping experience and experience in Quickbooks Non-Profit.
Essential Functions include:
- Works according to the guidelines established by the committee on finance to receive funds from whatever source (including through the mail and by electronic deposit), record them, and report them to the church treasurer and to the committee on finance or, in some cases, the trustees.
- Arranges for the collection offerings received during worship services and other church gatherings at the conclusion of these events, making certain that more than one person is involved in collecting, counting and depositing of funds.
- Receives, records and issues payments for bills and invoices in compliance with the Finance Policy of UMCG.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Ensures that the financial records are in good order for an annual audit. The financial statements are reported regularly to the committee on finance.
- Produces giving statements.
- Supports administrative functions specific to the funding ministry.
- Supports required reporting of funds and balances to auditors, finance committee, and Conference.
The ideal candidate for this 12 hour a week position, provides attention to detail, is integrous and trustworthy, ethical, manages time and projects well, a self-starter, and team player who is comfortable working in a faith-based environment. Prior church or non-profit experience is a plus, but not required.
The United Methodist Church of Geneva is an equal-opportunity employer. We boast a flexible, family-friendly work environment.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Pastor Rob Hamilton via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Methodist Church of Geneva is hiring a part-time Communications Assistant who creatively and effectively communicates the various ministries of UMCG to the requisite constituencies to increase awareness and engagement in the mission of our church.
This position reports to our Director of Operations that oversees marketing and branding and supports our Audio Media Arts Coordinator with basic video production. We will train these skills for the right candidate.
Essential Functions include:
- Designs and implements digital and print communications.
- Support worship live-stream ministry under the direction of Coordinator of Audio & Media Arts.
- Produce and edit videos as needed.
- Participates in the worship planning process.
- Maintains web and social media presence.
- Supports Director of Operations in conducting the ministries of UMCG.
The ideal candidate provides some technical expertise in using print, digital and social media platforms for communication; gives attention to detail; is creative and innovative; has strong writing skills, can solve problems and prioritize their time well and can learn our organizational structure.
Prior church or non-profit experience is a plus, but not required.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We boast a flexible, family-friendly work environment.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Carolyn Burnham via email: email@example.com