Children & Youth Ministry Overview
Each week the children study the topic that Pastor Rob preached on from the pulpit in the sanctuary. In this way, we try to offer our families a unified message for each day around a common theme. Pastor Rob preaches sermon series that he considers prayerfully and believes are relevant to our community’s everyday life; then Dr. Coates builds the curriculum each week in keeping with Pastor Rob’s themes. This is a unique method that our church offers for the spiritual formation of our families!
9:00 am Sundays
- Infants through toddlers are cared for in the nursery.
- Preschool: 3 year-olds (3 years old by Sept. 1) through Pre-K participate in First Steps in Faith, a creative and imaginative approach to teaching the stories of God’s people. First Steps in Faith connects biblical stories with the child’s own experience and encourages curiosity and imagination as we discover the mystery and joy of God.
- 1st graders – 5th graders will meet in Room 117.
- Children attend the beginning of worship with their family and following Words for Children, are dismissed as a group to go to Sunday School.
Our little ones are cared for by nurturing adults and youth who provide a warm and comforting experience. You will be asked to sign in when you drop off and pick up your child. Submitting a Children’s Ministry registration form will give us additional information about your child and enable us to better care for him or her.
Is your child interested in music? Check out children’s music programs on our Music page.
At UMCG, we strive to connect Youth with one another and inter-generationally through fellowship, study, and worship opportunities for all ages. Youth will feel welcomed and respected for who they are.
Sunday Morning at 9:00 am (During the school year)
- Junior High (6th-8th Grade) – Meets in the Youth Room.
- High School Sunday School (9th-12th Grade) – Meets in the Youth Room.